Sunday 7 March 2010

Cycling the Tour de France

After reading my post on The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, Richard suggested I read French Revolutions by Tim Moore.

Mr Moore, with very little recent cycling experience, and in not the best physical condition, decides he is going to cycle the route of the Tour De France. He buys himself a new road bike, and, without master the locking toe-clips or the bicycle's gears, sets off on his adventure.
I found Mr Moore's writing style highly entertaining and he critiques and praises everyone and everything, including himself, with the same degree of honesty and humour.
The book gives a good overview of the route the tour takes and the history of this race.I am not inspired to try the same feat, but I enjoyed Moore's take on the caper.
It was a very enjoyable read.


No comments: