Saturday 2 May 2009

The New Brain Bucket


I have been long overdue for a new helmet. My current one is older than my first nephew, and he will be eight in a few weeks.
My problem? I didn't just want any old helmet. I wanted something a little more understated, and that wouldn't look odd when worn with a skirt. I liked the style that equestrian riders use. My friend Ruzter made the synapes click when he told me to then buy a riding helmet. I don't know why that didn't occur to me on my own. It is generally alot farther to fall from a horse than a bike so their standards must be pretty high.
The Brainy Geek had control of the computer at that time so she googled equestrian helmets. I liked the look of the Troxel helmets, so I went over to Greenhawk, a supplier nearby and I now have one. (Greenhawk by the way is a very nice smelling store; leather always smells good. Lumberyards also smell very nice.)
And just in time. The padding decided to fall out of the current one on Friday.
Here are a couple of links to some other cool helmets, Yakkay and Tail-Wags, neither of which are sold in Manitoba-yet.

No comments: